Wednesday 26 February 2014

Intro + part 1

Alright, prepare yourself, in fact, best go put the kettle on and settle into a comfy chair. I’ve been silent for far too long, so that means there’s a lot to catch up on. I’ve been gathering these posts in a notebook for quite some time, but I’ve been unable to type anything up until now. I will try and make it easier to understand by splitting it up, though that means you will have to become a lot more familiar with the index. Part 1 and 2 today. 3 and potentially 4 will be coming your way later this week.

Part 1 – return from the Christmas break

So life has been crazy since I got back as it’s the end of the semester here, meaning the workload and stress levels have doubled. It’s hard to get used to, as in Dundee it would already be the beginning of the next semester. All the hard work would have been done before Christmas and I would be enjoying the relaxed introductions to my new classes. I’ve kind of gone into shock with the amount of work I have to do while trying to revise for my upcoming exams. I’ll not get into all the details of my many assignments, but let’s just say that my teacher spontaneously deciding to give us an essay two weeks ago is a typical example of the chaos that has been unfolding.

At least I managed to find a little time to relax this week, in the form of a pyjama party with the choir. Popcorn, singstar and good company, what more could I ask for? The highlight of the evening definitely had to be taking the tram at 6am in my onesie. Comfiest night out ever!



Rob linked me this song earlier this week – the lyrics are all other song titles so even if you can’t understand the words you might be able to guess from the pictures.


Apart from that, there’s not much to say. I'm absolutely terrified of my upcoming exams and cannot wait for the semester break to start exploring again. On Wednesday I have a test in German on the European Union and I have to do a 10 minute presentation on Irish history in French. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment